Saturday, December 13, 2014

Smile More and be healthy !!




How do you like this video with Orangutan dancing? This is great, isn’t it? I could feel and see smiles in your face. We know that “a good-natured smile can work wonders and bring miracles.”   When I see smile in your face, I feel happy and positive energy flow in you surrounding as well.

I have always felt, I am not able to smile whole heartedly most of the time. So, sometime, those who don’t know me well used to ask me politely – “Anything wrong with you?” and I used to feel disgusted. This is one aspect of my personality that I have always felt I need to improve.  Therefore, I would like to write about smile and share some basic questions with you all. 

  • how  do you understand “smile”? 
  • why do we smile and why does it show up in our face?
  • what  are the benefits of smile? 

First, smile is “a facial expression in which the eyes brighten and the corners of the mouth curve slightly upward and which expresses especially amusement, pleasure or approval.”

Second, it is said that smile is the outcome of complex interplay of facial muscles. These facial muscles are also called “emotive muscles” that relates to your emotion that goes inside your brain in response to some stimuli e.g. happiness or funny act.

Third, smile has lots & lots of benefit

  1. Smile is contagious and creates flow of positive energy in the environment 
  2. Smile does not cost money, so you can smile anywhere and wherever you like!! 
  3. Smile brings goodness and happiness  in the family and community so helps in improving the Quality of Life around you 


Now, we understand that smile is a product of complex interplay of external environment, your “thinking brain” and your “emotive muscles” in your face. “Smile is priceless” and it is always good to share with others. The more we share, the more precious and shiny it becomes!! Simply saying, A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment